Social distancing measures
1. Maintain appropriate distances between workstations, keep at least one work station open between clients
2. Limit the number of people at a given time such that minimum distance of 1.5 meters between people is achieved
3. Clients to wait outside until the hair dresser / beautician / barber is ready to attend to them
4. Encourage cashless
Cleaning, disinfection and protective gear protocols
- All workers/beauticians and customers shall don masks at all times while at the salon/barbershop.
- The owner of the salon/barbershop shall provide enough hand washing stations with running water and soap and hand sanitizers
- Clean and disinfect workstations and tools with alcohol based disinfectants/ UV sterilizer, after each client.
- Premises to be cleaned on a regular basis, with soap or alcohol based disinfectants
- Windows shall remain open during work hours
- Use clean capes for every client, capes should be laundered between each client, alternatively salons/barber shops may consider using disposable capes and dispose the same after use
- Disinfect/sterilize hair equipment and workstations after serving every client
- Clean high-touch surfaces (doorknobs, handles, faucets, sinks) regularly and thoroughly with soap or alcohol-based disinfectants, minimum twice daily, preferably 3-4 times daily
- Clean and disinfect all restroom surfaces including floors, sinks and toilet bowls daily, minimum twice daily, preferably 3-4 times daily
- mandatory hand-washing after every client or use hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol content
- hand washing for people entering the premises
- Provide separate receptacles for storing used masks and other PPEs meant before disposal
Source: Guidelines and Protocols for Business Operations during Covid-19 by the ministry of Industrialization, Trade and enterprise development.